All participants will practice good hygiene, including handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after the course, and before and after a snack or meal breaks.
- Instructors will decontaminate the manikins after each student practices or tests on the manikin using an alcohol-based solution per CDC recommendations
- Face shields will not be used, and direct mouth-to-mouth ventilation will not be practiced
- Each student will be provided with a pocket mask and a one-way valve when practicing one-rescuer skills. Pocket masks will not be shared during the course.
- Bag masks will be used when practicing two-rescuer skills, and participants should wear gloves and clean bag masks between practices with an alcohol-based solution per CDC recommendations
- Students will be spaced apart at least 3 feet (1 meter) during training, based on WHO guidance on social distancing.
These additional precautions will be practiced until June 1, 2020, and maybe extended by the AHA, if needed.ucm_505995