ACLS Experienced Providers Class:
- ACLS for Experienced Providers course goes beyond the core ACLS training by offering critical thinking opportunities for those advanced, experienced, healthcare professionals who use ACLS on a regular basis. The goal of the Course is to improve outcomes in complex cardiovascular, respiratory, and other (eg, metabolic, toxicologic) emergencies by expanding on core ACLS guidelines and encouraging critical thinking and decision-making strategies. Through instruction and active participation in case-based scenarios, learners enhance their skills in the differential diagnosis and treatment of prearrest, arrest, and postarrest patients. ACLS EP course content reflects the most current science from the AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC, American College of Cardiology Foundation/AHA Guidelines for the Management of ST-Elevation MI, and ACCF/AHA Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non-ST Elevation MI. This certification training class is designed for seasoned healthcare providers who are proficient in performing BLS and ACLS skills, reading and interpreting ECGs, and understanding ACLS pharmacology and who regularly lead or participate in emergency assessment and treatment of prearrest, arrest, or postarrest patients. Course content includes: Applying the expanded systematic approach (ACLS-EP Survey) to patient assessment, evaluation, and management
Respiratory and Metabolic Emergencies
Post-Cardiac Arrest Care
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology Emergencies
Effective communication within a resuscitation team and recognition of the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance. Course participants must be competent with current ACLS and BLS algorithms and skills. Prior to beginning the focused learning stations all course participants must complete the skills tests and pass the ACLS Provider written exam. Testing includes the following: Pass the 1-rescuer CPR and AED skills test
Pass the bag-mask ventilation skills test
Pass the Megacode skills test
Pass the ACLS Provider exam with a score of 84% or higher. Upon successful completion, learners receive an ACLS EP course completion card, valid for 2 years. The ACLS-EP course fulfills the requirements of an ACLS renewal course and the Training Center issues a standard AHA ACLS course completion card in addition to the AHA ACLS EP course completion card to alleviate any credentialing confusion with the Joint Commission or other licensing/credentialing entity.Prerequisites for taking this course:ACLS Provider Card
Proficiency in all BLS and ACLS skills, including pharmacology
Successful score 84% or better on ACLS EP Online Exam, distributed by the instructor to students with precourse letter
Evening Classes: Fridays: Time: 4 PM – 8 PMRegister Now for Evening ACLS EP Renewal Class
You must register before coming to class.
We do not accept Walk-Ins during class. Please register on our website before coming to class.
Student resources that must be completed prior to class.
- Follow this link: elearning.heart.org/courses
- Note: If you have not already logged in, the system will ask you to do so. If you have not visited the site before, you’ll be prompted to set up an account (It’s Free).
2. Choose the ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment and Precourse Work
- You must complete the ACLS Precourse Assessment & the ACLS Precourse Work.
- On completion, print the Completion Certificate and bring it with you to class.
These must be completed prior to class, otherwise, you will not be able to participate in the class. If you have questions, call us: 718-441-0656